Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Feb 3, 2010

I've created this blog to record my experiences as a medical student. I'm a first year student in Ontario, Canada. All names of patients, doctors, or other students will be changed in this blog so I don't run into any confidentiality issues.

Today I did an observership in Family medicine. An observership is when you follow a doctor around in your first or second year of medical school. The doctors are usually really nice and they don't really expect you to know anything, it just gives you a feel of how medicine actually works in a community. I ended up loving family medicine much more than I expected. I loved the diversity of patients and the fact that the doctor knew the patients well.

Tonight I'm going to see a play with some of my med school friends. I'm a pretty big fan of musical theatre so I'm very excited!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea. Now I can follow what you are up too. I find it very exciting to see what you are learning.

    ReplyDelete