Thursday, February 11, 2010

This was the first week of our cardiology block. I mostly familiar with this stuff from my undergrad in life sciences. We're learning how to read EKGs (Electrocardiograms) which I'm finding pretty interesting. In our anatomy lab we dissected a heart this week.

Yesterday I went to visit my hospice client. I am part of a research project that trains medical students to be hospice volunteers. They are trying to see if having exposure to hospice and palliative care makes physicians more comfortable with death and dying.

On Tuesday night I had trivia. My team's name is Figrin Dan and the Modal Nodes (which is the band that plays in Star Wars... super nerdy). We play every Tuesday at the grad club. This week we came in third place over all, which is pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment